Online DBT Community
Online DBT Community
Alicia (she/her) Paz

Welcome to Our Online DBT Skills Community!

Learn DBT skills and gain support from a DBT therapist, a DBT grad, and others on their DBT journey.

About Us

Hi, I am Alicia Paz M.A and my passion since Graduate School is Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT.)  Since 2010 I have been teaching DBT including the last 8 years online. This community seeks to provide support for those learning DBT skills from both peers as well as myself and my Mental Health Program Manager Kat, a DBT grad. The community is a safe place for all and is well-moderated.

Our program features a 75-minute live biweekly DBT skills training group similar to in-person DBT groups. The program includes all 4 DBT modules of skills in self-paced video content. You also get access to monthly 1-on-1 sessions with myself.

I hope you join us in learning and helping one another through the struggles and celebrating successes. 

Why You Should Join Us

DBT is my passion, and my goal is to make DBT both accessible and fun. This is a place to share with others and grow using DBT skills. This is a place with a lot to learn a ton of support from other DBT students as well as myself and Kat, our resident DBT grad. My goal is to help you learn and I will be available to guide you along the way.  

Still unsure?  Select the monthly payment plan and join for 3 days free. Come to a live session to check it out all without any obligation. 

If you're sure, select the one-time payment plan to save over 20% on the 6-month program!

Instructor Bios

Video

"Helping others isn't a chore; it is one of the greatest gifts there is."     -Liya Kebede

Alicia Paz M.A has worked in the mental health and addiction field as a counselor for over 10 years and has spent the past 8 years teaching DBT coping skills online to almost 5,000 students in 115 countries. After earning a Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology in 2010, she began her journey in helping those struggling with mental health issues through social service providers in Portland, Oregon. In 2013, she created an online Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) course, the first of its kind to offer all modules live as well as individual skills coaching. Since that time, she has also created two children, traveled, and worked to coordinate care for vulnerable adults dealing with mental health and addiction issues through a Medicaid company.

It's been quite the odyssey with experience working in a prison, jail, outpatient, and community settings. What has always stood out as the highlight of her career has been her time teaching DBT in an online format. In 2013, Alicia began offering courses on a variety of topics including coping skills for depression, anxiety, and self-destructive behaviors on the Udemy platform. She created this program with a live group in 2020.

Alicia is always happy to answer questions and replies to every message within 24-48 hours. Her goal continues to be assisting people worldwide in learning these life-changing skills.

Kat Schultz is Online DBT Skills' Mental Health Program Manager. She performs administrative support, manages social media and gives a peer perspective during live sessions. Kat completed a DBT program in 2015 while on leave from college. She was extremely willful at first but once she leaned in, DBT changed her life. Kat also wrote and updated the content for the newly updated DBTSelfHelp.com. When not working, you can find her reading comics, listening to audiobooks really fast, or yelling to nobody in particular about representation in media. She lives in LA with her partner, their cat Bug, and so many plants.

Please join Alicia Paz, Kat and their many other students in your DBT journey!

Refunds

There are no refunds, if you would like to cancel at any time please do so through your profile to prevent any automatic charges after your free trial period ends. 

For the full list of terms and conditions visit:

https://www.onlinedbtcourses.com/terms-and-conditions